Have you ever noticed that big massive changes don’t always stick? How many times have you imagined a big project, only to feel overwhelmed and take no action at all? Changing habits is hard. Very hard. It takes about three weeks to form a new positive habit, but it can take much longer to replace or break bad habits. When I’ve been successful at changing habits, I started small and was accountable to someone else.
“The key to habit success is to start with small expectations, build the muscle memory of completing routines, and then add more tasks once you’re consistent.” – Steve ‘SJ’ Scott
Changing habits! For some quick wins, why not start with something easy?
To adopt more healthy eating and drinking habits:
- Replace soft drinks or sweet tea (my weakness) with zero calorie fizzy water.
- Swap an unhealthy breakfast for a fruit smoothie.
- Drink a glass of water in between each serving of alcohol during holiday parties.
To have a more organized and clutter-free home:
- Make your bed in the morning.
- Fold laundry before starting the next load.
- Go to bed with a clean kitchen sink.
To feel more connected with people:
- Ask someone if they had a good day, and follow-up by asking why it was that way. Actively listen to their response.
- Give someone a hug.
- Give a sister a break. We all make mistakes.
To feel more in control over your money:
- Use cash or a debit card, if overspending is a problem.
- Save using payroll deduction or automatic transfers.
- Capture receipts and tax documents in one place throughout the year.
To grow your business:
- Do your income producing activities first.
- Limit yourself to three goals or priorities at a time.
- Network with the intention of quality of new leads rather than quantity.
To implement a contact management system for your business, enter your contacts, log activities and create follow-up tasks each day when you complete the action. Over time, adding this one daily habit will create your daily to do list to save time in your future income producing activities. This one new habit will make you more organized, efficient and productive in your business.
Jennifer Turnage is an entrepreneur, business advisor, speaker and author of Honey, You Got This! Technology Made Easy for Network Marketers. As the Cofounder and CEO of myBeeHyve, she combines her experience from multiple tech company exits with her mission of empowering individuals to achieve financial independence through entrepreneurship. Download the FREE myBeeHyve app in the Apple or Google Play app stores to manage your prospects and customers with ease. Connect with Jennifer on LinkedIn, Facebook or Twitter for support on your entrepreneurial journey.
#beethebee #mybeehyve #queenbee #solopreneur #bossbabe #habitstacking #flipflopCEO #CRM #CRMforMLM #directsales #networkmarketing #laptoplifestyle #mompreneur