I just got back from another over-the-top incentive trip I earned through my network marketing company. This is the 5th one I have earned and I swear they just keep getting better. There are no words to describe what it feels like to treat myself and my husband to an all-expenses paid trip to Cabo..complete with gifts and VIP treatment for 5 glorious days.
3 years ago, I watched a side-line partner of mine work like BOSS to earn this trip. At that very moment, I told myself, “if she can do it, why can’t I?” I set out to make this dream happen. I knew I would need to make some changes to how I was working my business. I couldn’t add more hours to the day…and I couldn’t spend any more time on my business each week, either. That meant I would need to work SMARTER, not harder. I needed systems, tools, and processes to make this trip a reality! No more post-it notes and pieces of paper floating around. No more “winging it” each day.
I knew I would need the following:
- A living, moving, breathing “list” of contacts to reach out and follow-up with. This list needed to tell ME each day who to follow-up with and talk to.
- A consistent approach and schedule to connect with my customers.
- All of my information in ONE place…no matter where I am. This needed to include all of my customers, prospects, and team members. It needed to have ALL of their information including notes about previous conversations and products purchased. IT needed to be searchable.
- The ability to jump straight into Income Producing Activity in pre-planned blocks of time. I could not afford to waste 15 minutes figuring out who to talk to.
- Self-discipline. That was 100% on me. I had to create the self-discipline to work the schedule I created.
The first time I earned this trip, myBeeHyve did not exist yet. I had to build automated tools using Excel, Google calendar, and notifications. It was clunky and didn’t work well on my phone. However, it was better than no system at all. I managed to earn that trip..it wasn’t pretty but I got there.
Thankfully, we developed myBeeHyve soon after and my vision for a one-stop shop to organize and run my business became a reality. Once I was able to use myBeeHyve, I earned my next trip with weeks to spare!
Here is how myBeeHyve has become my ultimate business tool:
- Every day, myBeeHyve tells me EXACTLY who to follow-up with. No more wasted time scrolling Facebook, Instagram, email or text apps.
- I’ve got one-tap access to my goal tracker. I know at any minute if I am on track with my reach-outs and follow-ups needed to hit my goal.
- In a matter of seconds, I can identify all of the customer, prospects, or team members that fit specific criteria and message them ALL AT ONCE!
- I can text from the myBeeHyve app and have that text stored for later reference.
- When I am on the go and meet someone new, I can add them to my list in a matter of seconds….this means I NEVER forget a follow-up!
I still need the same self-discipline. No amount of tools or systems can do that for you. As a solopreneur, you need to create and maintain healthy work routines to get the job done. However, that daily text reminder from myBeeHyve each morning telling me how many contacts I have on my calendar for today sure helps to keep me focused!