Ten Reasons to Attend Events in Person
Do you find yourself getting excited about invitations to live events, then wondering if it’s really worth the time and money? If you have ever attended a company convention or offsite retreat, you know the value that comes from being surrounded by like-minded people with a common purpose. For me, live training and in-person events are a valuable and necessary investment in myself and my business. Over the years, I’ve come to value these events for many reasons.
The top 10 benefits of live events and training are:
- LEARN. Not only will you learn some new skills at a live training event, if you pay attention and engage with other participants you will also learn about what's going on with competitors and your industry in general. The energy in the room also gives you the motivation to keep learning after the event.
- MEET NEW PEOPLE. We're all about growing our businesses, and we know that the number one way that we can grow our businesses is to meet new people. When you go to a live event, you're guaranteed to meet new people!
- MEET POTENTIAL CLIENTS. In terms of meeting new people, you're also meeting potential new clients. Live events give you a chance to market, get your name out there, and meet people who might need your service or your product offering.
- SPARK CREATIVITY: Live events really spark creativity, and they spark innovation. Magic happens when people, particularly women, come together physically in the same place. The energy is high and you get new ideas. It can take your business ideas to a totally new level.
- INTERACT WITH PEOPLE: When you're at an event live, you get to interact with not just the speakers but the other participants. You get to ask questions in live Q&A or go up after a session and talk to the speaker face-to-face.
- BE FULLY ENGAGED: You're more engaged when you are in the same room. When I'm watching a recording, or even if I'm at a live stream, I tend to get drawn into multitasking. I easily get distracted. Whereas if you're live, you truly are more in the moment, starting to accept and receive new information.
- SHARE AND HELP OTHERS: It’s easier to share your ideas and your experiences when you're in person, whether one-on-one with the person sitting next to you or taking the microphone and speaking to the whole audience. You never know that when sharing your story, you might help someone else. Attending events doesn’t have to be only about receiving.
- INTERACT: When you're attending a live event, you're not chained to your desk, your phone, or your computer. You get to get up and walk around, look around; again, interacting with other people. For me, it’s much easier to stay focused when I'm live.
- INVEST IN YOURSELF: Live events are a fun way to invest in yourself and your career. As businesswomen, we need to invest in ourselves and going to a live event is one of the best ways that you can do that.
- REINVIGORATE: Live events are a break from your everyday life. It can reinvigorate your energy and your business. Think about if you've been able to go to conventions or local training events, how much energy you get and how you feel reinvigorated about your business. Again, this is because you are around people. You're around people who share the same passions that you have and bring your energy levels up dramatically.
What live events are coming up in your area? What destination events interest you? If this is new to you, pick one event, register and SHOW UP! If you are an experienced event attendee, why not try something new next week? Or, pick a destination event or your company’s annual convention and plan for the investment in yourself.
Make one of those events The Swarm, hosted by myBeeHyve in Raleigh, NC on April 27, 2019. We’d love to connect with you live and in person!
Jennifer Turnage is an entrepreneur, business coach, speaker and author of Honey, You Got This! Technology Made Easy for Network Marketers. As the Cofounder and CEO of myBeeHyve, she combines her experience from multiple tech company exits with her mission of empowering women to achieve financial independence through entrepreneurship. Download the FREE myBeeHyve app in the Apple or Google Play app stores to manage your prospects and customers with ease. Connect with Jennifer on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest or Twitter for support on your entrepreneurial journey